Crime and Punishment (Oxford World's Classics)

Crime and Punishment (Oxford World's Classics) - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Jesse Coulson

While I'm reading this novel I kept asking myself the same question "Can a human life -no matter how worthless- be sacrificed for some noble ideal?" Raskolnikov and I learnt the answer through a very painful process…
I always find it difficult to review a great work such as Crime and Punishment… but what I can say is that this novel is absolutely mind boggling! The character development, the plot development... everything is superb and surely yet none can compare to the psychological depth that I found!

It's amazing, heart-wrenching, and thoroughly a novel which explores the extent to which the mind can be twisted. Dostoevsky creates an actual human being in Raskolnikov. he is an insane mixture of hero and villain, Dual personalities... a tangled look into the scattered psyche of a human intellectual with an inhuman theory. I asked my self, "Can it be the main character the hero and the villain at the same time?"

This novel is the epitome of superiority versus the inevitable, His thoughts are to be reckoned with, unchangeable cycles of life, for no human has the capabilities to truly look past his conscious, if there is one present. That is the hero. Dostoevsky explores a depth of the human mind which he himself quite possibly cannot fully comprehend.