The Plague

The Plague - Albert Camus, Robin Buss "The evil that is in the world always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence, if they lack understanding. On the whole men are more good than bad, that, however, isn't the point. But they are more or less ignorant, and it is this that we call vice or virtue; the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything and therefore claims for itself the right to kill. The soul of the murderer is blind; and there can be no true goodness nor true love without the utmost clear-sightedness."

That's My favorite Quote in this book.

This is My second Camus's novel, The first was " the stranger ". well. I can't compare because they're actually different, the first was talking about the emanations the most, while the second was talking about events :).

But "the Plague" Novel is really Amazing! it could -magically- let me live in that horrible moments which happened in Oran city. and the novel's charterers were really special, Rio The physician, and The journalist Ramber, and The wonderful friend Taro!

Writer raised the question .. Can anyone be a saint without believing in God ..?!
The answer was yes, the doctor could!
Rio who gave everything he had to help others without believing in the existence of God.

We can simply read, but when we read -deeply- we find a very deeper meanings ... and this is what distinguishes the writer Camus. :)